Creating a collaborative space where all feel welcome.
Our objective is to create a community that encourages participation and connection and values each person’s unique contributions, regardless of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical status and age.
The UW School of Medicine supports diversity through the following initiatives:
- Utilizing departmental diversity metrics to make the School more inclusive
- Creating a solid, mission-based holistic admissions process for medical student selection
- Awarding UW School of Medicine Diversity Scholarships
- Supporting affinity-based community groups that provide resources and mentoring
- Providing ways for our entire WWAMI community to engage in diversity efforts that improve health outcomes for all
- And more...
Through The Center for Health Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (CEDI), the School provides training, tools and resources for improving the institutional culture via:
- Inclusive curricula
- Cultural proficiency training
- Workforce and leadership development
- Community engagement
Building on the rich cultural history, traditions and diversity of the WWAMI region, the School is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the general public through excellence in biomedical education, research and healthcare.
Read our policy for creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive school of medicine.