Electrophysiologists diagnose and treat abnormal heartbeats or arrhythmia.
Comprehensive assessment and treatment
Expertise and Innovation
For over 30 years our physicians have been nationally recognized experts in atrial fibrillation ablation, MRI imaging for arrhythmias, ventricular tachycardia ablation, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) including the subcutaneous ICD, prevention of sudden cardiac death, cardiac device infections including lead extraction, and arrhythmias in athletes. Through research protocols and FDA-approved therapies, we offer access to the newest technologies that frequently aren’t available elsewhere in the Northwest, like the Watchman device for atrial fibrillation.
Comprehensive Individualized Care
We offer care and support based on your needs. Your personalized treatment plan may include medication therapies, nonsurgical catheter procedures, minimally invasive surgery or advanced surgery when required.
Multidisciplinary Team Care
Our patients are treated compassionately in a collaborative setting, with a multidisciplinary team that includes experts in arrhythmia management and treatment, heart failure, cardiac transplant, cardiac surgery, cardiac anesthesia, infectious disease, cardiac imaging, structural heart disease, interventional cardiology, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease.
Common conditions and symptoms treated
- Arrhythmias associated with congenital heart disease
- Arrhythmias during pregnancy
- Arrhythmias in athletes
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Inherited genetic disorders
- Patients needing cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Remote monitoring of pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)
- Slow heart rates (Bradycardia)
- Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA)
- Supraventricular tachycardia including Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome
- Ventricular tachycardia and premature ventricular contractions (PVCs)
Meet our cardiac electrophysiologists
Melissa R. Robinson, MD, FHRS, FACC
Director of the Ventricular Arrhythmia Program.
Meet the Cardiac Electrophysiology Team
Our cardiac electrophysiology specialists will give you the expert care you need to manage a heart rhythm problem.
Common procedures and treatments performed
- Atrial fibrillation ablation with radiofrequency or cryoballoon
- Atrial flutter ablation
- Biventricular devices
- Diagnostic electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- Implantable loop recorders
- Lead extraction with powered or mechanical tools
- Supraventricular tachycardia ablation
- Ventricular tachycardia and premature ventricular contractions (PVC) ablation
- Watchman and lariat left atrial appendage occluders
- Wolff-Parkinson-White ablation